Instruction for making circular needle organizer
2. Turn over 1 inch toward the wrong side on the top edge and stitch.
3. Use felt letters or embroider Needles at the top of the organizer. I embroidered 3 1/2 inches down form the upper edge. You can buy self-adhesive felt letters and numbers from the fabric store. I usually stitch over the adhesive letters so they hold permanently.
4. Cut a piece of contrasting felt 4 inches by 4 inches for a gauge pocket. I stitched the felt letter “G” on to this pocket. Cut a piece of contrasting felt 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 inches for your tape measure. I stitched the felt letter “T” on to this pocket.
5. Cut strips of felt 2 inches by 4 1/2 inches to hold your needles. The number of strips needed is determined by the number of different size circular needles you have. You can fit holders for at least 10 sizes of needles.
6. Stitch on the pockets for the gauge and needle holders near the top of the holder. Stitch 3 sides and leave the top edge open.
7. Now, position your 2 x 4 1/2 inch strips evenly across the needle organizer. I placed 5 strips on each side. I placed the left hand strips 2 1/4 inches from the left edge, leaving space to put the number labels to the left. I stiched the right hand strips 1/2 inch from the right edge. Stitch the upper and lower edge of each strip, leaving the sides open.
8. Place a felt number to the left of each strip that indicates the size of circular needles that will be placed in each slot. I left one slot unlabeled at the bottom to use for “other sizes”
9. Insert a dowel through the opening in the top and tie a piece of twine to each end of the dowel. Hang up your needle organizer and fill with your circular needles.